Software Engineer, Front end
Future Retail & Assisted Shopping (FRAS) cluster supports the interaction between customers and retailers.
You will be involved in kick-starting a new greenfield initiative which aims to integrate multiple full-stack retailer tools under one roof using micro-frontend architecture. The key components of this architecture are authentication, role management, notification management, and dashboards.
You get to be part of the journey from the start, shaping a product and making an impact. As we need to work together with several teams in Volvo Cars, you will grow your network and get to work with many teams and stakeholders.
You and your skills
To be successful in this role, you need to take charge and be a team player. You should be able to drive and create commitment. It is important that you have integrity and a change management mind-set. An open attitude and willingness to learn and share knowledge is key to succeeding in this team.
• Architect and build the frontend that connects different services together to create a seamless retailer user experience.
• Develop and maintain world-class TypeScript/React components in compliance with our React UI components and branding guidelines
• Help recruitment and growing the team as our needs grow
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience as a front-end engineer implementing interactive UIs using JS/TS and React
• Experience in using one or more cloud providers like AWS or Azure. Someone who has experience in building accessible and performant websites.
• Solid understanding of responsive design supporting desktop, mobile, and tablet form factors
• Excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architectures.
• Experience building interactive dashboards.
• Experience with Next.js framework.
• Experience with security critical software that handle personally identifiable information.
• Experience working at a startup or spin-offs where you got to create a product from scratch to go to market and serving users
• Experience building complex interfaces to support expert user work flows
• Webpack module federation and React.
• Familiarity with Go and GraphQL
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Scope: 100 %