Want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people’s lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
What we offer
At Procurement, you are part of a global team with the mission to develop and maintain a world-class supplier base. Ensuring the supply of materials and services – at the right cost, quality and technology – is essential for the success of Volvo Car Group. Ultimately, it’s all about cooperating with people inside and outside the company to create a superior experience for the people who buy and drive a Volvo.
We want to get a person in with a senior mindset and experience within Rail and Warehousing services, self-drive, motivated and positive able to handle a lot of simultaneous projects ongoing with complex interface and a lot impacting parameters into the business.
The person will be responsible for driving progress in the commodities and supplier relationships in collaboration with our internal stakeholder.
– You will maximize Volvo Cars total value of ownership for your assigned commodity
– You will support the development of sourcing strategy and plan for your assigned commodity
– You will lead/support cross-functional sourcing projects including activities of; preparation, execution, analysis, negotiation, supplier selection and contract signing.
– You will work towards individual & team targets and perform administrative tasks related to the job.
Do you fit the profile?
– You have a university degree or equivalent experience
– You have minimum 3 years of experience from a relevant Purchasing role and above listed sourcing activities
– You are fluent in English, written and spoken
– Experience from logistics, warehouse management, project management or the automotive industry is meritorious
On a personal level
To be successful in the role you need to have a business mind-set, be target oriented, performance driven and taking commercial responsibility for assigned commodity.
Your curious and analytical set of mind enables you to challenge the existing setup
You enjoy working co-operatively in teams as well as independently driving and completing tasks
You are confident acting in an international environment