Software Engineer 753525565-0800
Volvo Cars is transforming from a traditional manufacturing company to a disruptive force using new technology and we are looking for you who can contribute and be a part of one of our DevOps teams in e-ART Enabling tools.
Background e-ART Enabling tools is an Agile Release Train (ART) with the purpose providing an end-to-end solution for the development and maintenance of embedded features for future vehicles.
Job Description You will be part of the DevOps team that is focused on agile way of working. We want you to be part of defining solutions and perform proof of concepts. In order to be successful in this you need to be able to be creative and keen on researching and learning new technologies. You are expected to promote software best practices, standards and processes.
• Develop new features and functionalities iteratively, working from a minimum of requirements.
• Proactively strive for a tool architecture with superior maintainability.
• Always apply a DevOps mindset using agile/scrum methodologies.
Job Requirements/Required Qualifications
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with preferably 3-5 years’ experience.
• Knowledge and working experience of: – C# – .NET Core .NET Framework – SQL Server – Azure DevOps for CI/CD – Azure Data Factory for integration / import Required
• Some experience of front end development in Angular
• Experience from building integrations
• Knowledge of software engineering principles
• Knowledge of sharing data through different interfaces using MQ, synchronous Web services, Publish/Subscribe messaging
• Knowledge of Azure Cloud serverless architecture
• Knowledge of software engineering practices including test automation, DevOps, code versioning, with knowledge and experience of using industry standard toolsets
• Applying Clean Code with high attention to details
Nice to have knowledge
• Nhibernate/Entity framework
• Performance enhancement – Experience working with improving performance/stability of applications
• Working with Infrastructure as Code (helm charts)
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
• Good communicating skills, including a high proficiency in spoken and written English
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing business requirements
• Structured way of working
• Innovative, see possible solutions to what seems to be impossible