Test Expert 753525561-1150
Test Expert for DevOps transformation
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers’ lives less complicated. Our digital services will complement and enhance our vehicles, enable new business models, and increase the pace of innovation throughout the enterprise. We put our prospects and customers first by thinking with a human-centric mindset.
What do we offer?
We are seeking a passionate and driven Test Expert to join our cluster IPDS, Insights and Product Development Support, to help drive our DevOps transformation. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the importance of testing on all levels, including unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing. The candidate will work closely with our development teams to identify testing needs, develop test strategies, and implement testing best practices. Automation is of course a keyword here!
Our cluster consists of 7 development teams that will be your playground! The role will have a great flexibility and you will interact closely with the cluster team to set the vision going forward.
• Collaborate with development teams to understand testing needs and requirements
• Develop and implement testing strategies and plans for unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing
• Define and track testing metrics to measure the effectiveness of testing efforts
• Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to development teams on testability and code quality
• Create and maintain test automation frameworks and scripts
• Educate and train development teams on testing best practices and the importance of testing on all levels
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
• Some years of experience in software testing and quality assurance
• Strong understanding of testing methodologies and best practices, including unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing
• Experience with test automation frameworks and tools such as Selenium, Appium, and NUnit
• Experience of code analysis tools such as SonarQube and Black Duck
• Experience in service mesh architecture including A/B testing and canary testing
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We are working mainly in the .Net / React / Azure tech stack, so experience in this area is meritorious.
If you are passionate about testing and are excited about the opportunity to help drive a DevOps transformation, we encourage you to apply for this position!
Who you are
You are flexible, a team player, have excellent communication and documentation skills. You have a positive attitude and are a supportive person to your colleagues. You find problem solving interesting and you have a growth mindset.
You are eager to learn from your colleagues but also teach what you know. You establish trust and work transparent and modest. You have an agile mindset and have a genuine interest helping Volvo cars and your colleagues to reach its goals.
As mentioned, we work with the agile development method SAFe so an understanding or certification is meritorious as well.