Disaster recovery specialists
For our customers behalf we are looking for a Disaster recovery specialists. Disaster recovery specialists develop plans to implement in the event of a man-made or natural disaster. They work with the technology department within an organization to develop programs and look at resources that are necessary for technical recovery
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Prepare a prestudy of efforts and resources required to build a fully functional disaster recovery plan
- Understand business needs and requirements around disaster recovery based on a business impact analysis
- Inform and align with the different areas within Product Development to get the buy in from all the stakeholders
- Ensure that the disaster recovery plan is built as part of the global product development strategy
Main Stakeholders and Type of Interaction
- Product Development Areas – inform of potential DR plans and understand challenges/work done required
- Architects – better understand the setup and challenges around the current setup
- Compliance – understand requirements from a jurisdiction point of view
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO22301 would be preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering
- Previous gaming experience is advantageous
Required Work Experience
Must have a minimum of 5 years working in a disaster recovery capacity and have a number of disaster recovery implementations.
- Strong project management and technical leadership skills, with specific focus on IT Disaster Recovery
- Effectively managed projects that involve specification of infrastructure hardware and software, installation of infrastructure hardware and software, design and configuration of data replication, and network architecture
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to interact efficiently and effectively with people of all levels of IT expertise and positions.
- Ability to create and execute strategies for risk/issue mitigation and contingency planning.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies
Length: 6 months with possible extension for 6 months.
Location: remote, but the consultant will have to be able to work from the office when/if needed