Senior SW Designer – 753524888-0950
Senior SW Designer and Developer of Telematics and Connectivity
Short description of need
We need to reinforce and accelerate the development of next generation Telematics and Connectivity platform, enabling “Volvo-On-Call” functionality.
The work will comprise of design, development, verification and optimization of the software.
Information about the group/team and department
You will be a part of Connected Infotainment Software Development group, which is responsible for design, development, optimization and verification of software in next generation In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. Our responsibility covers functionality in the following areas:
* Telematics SW
Information about project
The project aims at SW design and development of “Volvo-on-Call” functionality in next generation Telematics & Connectivity Antenna Module (TCAM).
The SW development is performed together with the supplier of the TCAM HW.
Daily tasks and responsibilities
* Part of a scrum team (~7 persons), working agile on backlog items in 2 week sprints.
* Collaborating with other developers/teams in other geos.
* Reporting of status and progress in JIRA and daily standup meetings
Competence Requirements – Experience and background
* Master degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar
* C/C++ (C++ preferred)
* Embedded Linux
* Linux tool chain (bash, git, Gerrit, Jenkins)
* Agile SW development
* Communicative in speech and writing
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Application development in C++
* Fluent in Swedish (written and spoken)
* Driven and self-motivated
* Hungry and open-minded for new challenges
* Great team player
* Good networking skills
* Ready to “walk the extra mile” when needed